finally got to take some (blurry) pics of the school farm
Hay thar. I'm a 20+ year old art student and this is my personal blog.
It's mainly to reblog stuff that interest me, which include
Be warned, I spam a lot of stuff everyday in here, your dash will be several pages longer. BE VERY WARNED. I also sometimes post some NSFW things.Main blog: ones-inspiration, which is my art/animation/writing blog thing for references and art stuff.
Sometimes I don't know if I offended someone or not by their reactions (it's hard to tell online) so... just to let you know I don't mean it, don't take it to heart. I don't joke about things, or purposely write some trolling/flame-attracting messages (unless I'm pissed off and looking for a fight, which is rare). If it seems that way, I probably phrased my words wrong or spoke too bluntly. Please be forgiving if I've made such an error.
REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabies. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?
- The young herring-gull was sprayed all over with red paint by cruel yobs
- The bird was taken in by Whitby Wildlife Sanctuary in North Yorkshire
- 'Poppy' will not be live among other gulls as she will be victim of bullying
- Wildlife experts call the act ‘disgusting’ and say bird’s feathers are ruined - she will need specialist care for years
A young herring-gull will need specialist care for years after cruel vandals attacked her with spray paint. The bird was taken in by Whitby Wildlife Sanctuary, North Yorkshire, after she was found covered in thick red paint.
The baby gull, who rescuers have named Poppy due to her new colour, is only a few months old and now faces a couple of flightless years while waiting for the damaged feathers to fall out.
'She is only a baby and so she is unable to fly at the moment which means she is fairly easy to get hold of,' Alexandra Farmer, who runs the sanctuary, said. 'It looks like the paint that is used on the road. I think two people must have painted her because they have lifted her wings to paint underneath. One person would have held her and the other would have painted. She won’t be able to fly now because the paint has made the feathers rock hard and stiff. She keeps looking at her feet because they are so red but there is no way to wash it off.
'She's going to need a lot of TLC. The paint is very fumy and I've had to keep her in a well aerated room. She smelt terrible when she was found and that amount of fumes would make breathing quite difficult. They have painted her face and so I am taking her to the vet to make sure she didn’t breathe too much of it in.’’
'The bird isn't suitable for the wild and is not suitable to be with her own kind. The feathers are ruined and because she is a sea bird she needs to be well oiled which means she is no longer waterproof. People need to know the dangers. It's just disgusting that people can do this.'
POLICE WILL BE WORKING WITH THE RSPCA TO FIND OUT WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE.
ANYONE WHO HAS ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE INCIDENT OR KNOWS WHO IS RESPONSIBLE SHOULD CONTACT NORTH YORKSHIRE POLICE ON 101.
Pet your turtles, they enjoy snugglies more than painI feel like this is especially appropriate for cars and turtles in the road.
And don’t drill holes in them or paint em. Its painful and toxic and you’ll make the poor things cry!
Our turtles love having their heads and chins scratched. And a light pat on their shells. No hits, or thumps. They love good pets, please pet them with love.
Shells are LITERALLY their backbone, imagine if someone thumped you hard on the spine. It would suck right? Don’t do it.
Also their shells are covered in a VERY thin layer of fingernail-like material called scutes. When you paint it, a) it’s very easy for the toxins in the paint to absorb into the turtle’s system and poison them, b) it cuts off circulation to the thin layer of living skin below the scutes, c) it deforms the shell because turtles, especially young turtles, grow rapidly and the paint will inhibit proper shell growth and d) prevents the turtle from absorbing necessary vitamin D from UV rays (you know, that stuff they need to live). NEVER EVER PAINT A TURTLE EVER.