War kitties in hammocks
I am so delighted by this. I cannot handle those tiny hammocks!!!
Hay thar. I'm a 20+ year old art student and this is my personal blog.
It's mainly to reblog stuff that interest me, which include
Be warned, I spam a lot of stuff everyday in here, your dash will be several pages longer. BE VERY WARNED. I also sometimes post some NSFW things.Main blog: ones-inspiration, which is my art/animation/writing blog thing for references and art stuff.
Sometimes I don't know if I offended someone or not by their reactions (it's hard to tell online) so... just to let you know I don't mean it, don't take it to heart. I don't joke about things, or purposely write some trolling/flame-attracting messages (unless I'm pissed off and looking for a fight, which is rare). If it seems that way, I probably phrased my words wrong or spoke too bluntly. Please be forgiving if I've made such an error.
I have to say this is completely legit - someone tried to steal her handbag and she simply went “Fuck this- *suplex*”
someone teach me this pweeze-ooc
Ok Ladies, here’s the info on this move.
We are blessed with a low center of gravity. This means that when we get ahold of someone and tip over backward like that, it’s easy peasy for us to do. Especially on a guy. Think of it like a fulcum and lever: they’re the lever, we’re the fulcrum, and because their center of gravity is up in their chest, instead of in their pelvis, when we get down low and lean back, whupsy there they tip right over.
Now, here’s the real deal on that particular move. Check out how this gif end, with the guy’s head on the floor like that? How his torso seems straight up and down, his head and neck on the floor, all his body weight and the momentum of having been tossed over her shoulder?
Yeah, he’s pretty messed up from that. In the really real world, if you do that move correctly, toss your whole body into it, seriously oomph it up and give that mugger a throw, you can snap his neck.
All that said, here’s how you do it!
This is something you do fast, ladies. Move quickly and with assurance, and don’t worry about whether you’re strong enough to do it or not: you are. This is about physics, not muscle.
Get low, bend your knees and hips. Our strength is largly concentrated in our lower bodies, and when we put our knees and thighs into a move, we bring some of the largest muscles in the human body to bear. You’d be surprised what you can move with your legs.
When she got low on him, her right arm was around his waist, her shoulder roughly at or under his ass, her left arm wrapped around his left leg. Feet shoulder width apart for a nice stable base, big deep breath in, and lift just a bit while falling backwards. It doesn’t take much strength but it will really mess with the dude’s day. Landing on your head will at the very very least knock you silly for a minute.
Interestingly, we can use these same basic principles to ruin a guy’s day if he’s the one to grab us! Imagine, if you will, mugger dude runs up behind you and bear hugs you in preparation for dragging you into the alley. Scary, right? Yep.
If he lifts you too fast, and you find your feet off the ground, kick him in the shins, scrape your shoes down his legs, aim for the knees and his feet. Toss your head back and head butt him. Bite him. Squirm. Do what it takes to get your feet back on the ground.
Feet on the ground, grab his arms and hold on to them. Don’t let him get away, because this move, ladies, will put him down and out, and if he moves away he may go for a distance weapon, or start using his fists. Hold onto his arms and keep him in close.
Again, feet shoulder width apart. Use your booty and hips now, like you’re trying to hit his not-so-manly bits with your ass, get your hips back, bend your knees and flex your hips. If he’s shortish, you should at this point have picked him up and be balancing him on your back. If he’s tall, you’re now in position to put a crimp in his style in a big way.
Tuck your head to your chest and roll forward, just like you did when you were a kid. Flip yourself forward and let gravity do the rest. You will have your head tucked down, aiming to land on the upper back of one shoulder; he won’t. This means he’ll land on his face, with the full force of his own body weight behind it as well as any momentum you’ve built up. You may very well land on top of him too.
From here, get up, run like hell towards a light source while yelling “help, fire, call 911 (or whatever emergency services number exists in your country)”
Remember, ladies, with just a little understanding of comparative anatomy and physics, you too can put a man on the ground and seriously mess up his day. But then, that’s what he was planning to do to you, so fair’s fair.
Reblogging again because of Gryphyn’s awesome comment. C:
Passing this along. Very nice commentary.
Fighting tips are good.
- BBC Languages Complete with courses, activities, videos and tests- You can even watch BBC News in different languages!
- Livemocah: Beautiful interface that encourages learning through demonstration, deconstruction and practice.
- Learn10: Quick daily language test that take less than 30 seconds!
- One Minute Languages: Podcasts in different languages.
- Mango Languages: Your local library card will cover the 149 dollar cost of Mango’s epic language program. Check it out!
- American Sign Language Browser: Learn sign language through this visual encyclopedia.
Floaters are deposits of various size, shape, consistency, refractive index, and motility within the eye’s vitreous humour, which is normally transparent. At a young age the vitreous is perfectly transparent but, during life, imperfections gradually develop. The common type of floater, which is present in most people’s eyes, is due to degenerative changes of the vitreous humour. The perception of floaters is known as myodesopsia. Floaters are visible because of the shadows they cast on the retina or their refraction of the light that passes through them, and can appear alone or together with several others in one’s field of vision. They may appear as spots, threads, or fragments of cobwebs, which float slowly before the observer’s eyes. Since these objects exist within the eye itself, they are not optical illusions but are entoptic phenomena.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS POST MY WHOLE LIFE
I never knew that was what it was.
So I am not the only one! O.O
There is a chemical in a girls’ brain is released only two different times in her life, when she has sex, and when she breast feeds her baby. This chemical emotionally connects her to another person for the rest of her life. Us guys? We only release this chemical when we bond with our children. So if you think sex is a game and go around fucking as many girls as you want, remember that you can mentally mess this girl up for the rest of her life. If you’re still friends afterwards then whatever, but she will always feel some sort of feeling for you, just because of the chemical.
It’s called Oxytocin, it’s actually released when a woman gives birth as well. But this is so true… sex is more than just a game, and this is a clear reason that explains why humans were only created to have sex with just one person. Doing it with multiple people will have a very strong negative effect on your relationship with the person you want to be with for the rest of your life. I wish more kids knew about this… not that this should be your only motive not to have sex before marriage, but it is one of the most important.
Everyone should know this.
The image on the left is the Petrine Cross. It is called this because Peter believe he was unworthy to be crucified like Jesus was in the upright position so he requested to be crucified upside down. It has been used incorrectly by certain groups of people as a Satanic symbol when really, to anyone who knows anything about either Christianity or Satanism knows this is no way Satanic or offensive to Christians in anyway.
The image of the right is the Satanic Cross. It is a variation of the alchemical symbol for sulfer which represents fire and brimstone. It can also be interpreted as a combination of the Lorraine cross and the mathematical symbol for infinity, or a phallic re-imagining of the cross, with the infinity symbol representing a scrotum. It is often interpreted as a symbol of Satanism, because LaVey adopted it from the Cross of Lorraine or even the Patriarchal cross, which is also a symbol of Christianity and Hermeticism. Hermetic alchemists of the Renaissance used the emblem as a symbol of earth and spirit by combining the square earth cross with the cross of Christ. When drawn symmetrically, it symbolised the hermetic maxim.
The image of the left = you thinking you’re unworthy of Jesus.
The Image on the right = the actual Satanist cross.
The Language Of The Fan
In the past, hand fans were used not only as cooling instruments, but also as convenient communication devices, mainly for transmitting more or less furtive love messages.
1) THE FAN PLACED NEAR THE HEART:”You have won my love.”
2) A CLOSED FAN TOUCHING THE RIGHT EYE: “When may I be allowed to see you?”
3) THE NUMBER OF STICKS SHOWN ANSWERED THE QUESTION: At what hour?”
4) THREATENING MOVEMENTS WITH A FAN CLOSED: Do not be so imprudent”
5) HALF-OPENED FAN PRESSED TO THE LIPS: “You may kiss me.”
6) HANDS CLASPED TOGETHER HOLDING AN OPEN FAN: “Forgive me.”
7) COVERING THE LEFT EAR WITH AN OPEN FAN: “Do not betray our secret.”
8) HIDING THE EYES BEHIND AN OPEN FAN: “I love you.”
9) SHUTTING A FULLY OPENED FAN SLOWLY: “I promise to marry you.”
10) DRAWING THE FAN ACROSS THE EYES: “I am sorry.”
11) TOUCHING THE FINGER TO THE TIP OF THE FAN: “I wish to speak with you.”
12) LETTING THE FAN REST ON THE RIGHT CHEEK: “Yes.”
13) LETTING THE FAN REST ON THE LEFT CHEEK: “No.”
14) OPENING AND CLOSING THE FAN SEVERAL TIMES: “You are cruel”
15) DROPPING THE FAN: “We will be friends.”
16) FANNING SLOWLY:”I am married.”
17) FANNING QUICKLY:”I am engaged.”
18) PUTTING THE FAN HANDLE TO THE LIPS: “Kiss me.”
19) OPENING A FAN WIDE: “Wait for me.”
20) PLACING THE FAN BEHIND THE HEAD: “Do not forget me”
21) PLACING THE FAN BEHIND THE HEAD WITH FINGER EXTENDED: “Goodbye.”
22) FAN IN RIGHT HAND IN FRONT OF FACE: Follow me.”
23) FAN IN LEFT HAND IN FRONT OF FACE: “I am desirous of your acquaintance.”
24) FAN HELD OVER LEFT EAR: “I wish to get rid of you.”
25) DRAWING THE FAN ACROSS THE FOREHEAD:”You have changed.”
26) TWIRLING THE FAN IN THE LEFT HAND: “We are being watched.”
27) TWIRLING THE FAN IN THE RIGHT HAND:”I love another.”
28) CARRYING THE OPEN FAN IN THE RIGHT HAND:”You are too willing.”
29) CARRYING THE OPEN FAN IN THE LEFT HAND: “Come and talk to me.”
30) DRAWING THE FAN THROUGH THE HAND: “I hate you!”
31) DRAWING THE FAN ACROSS THE CHEEK: “I love you!”
32) PRESENTING THE FAN SHUT: “Do you love me?”
What about one of those metal ones that can take someone’s head off?
Reblogging because I’m sure this will be useful to me if I ever decide to write something Victorian era.
hinthint enolaholmes hint
It amuses me to think of all the ways I’d screw this up (showing off too many sticks and having to correct myself, cutting my hand off with the razor-edged metal fan I’d undoubtably be using), and charms me that there are many ways to offer clear, enthusastic consent nonverbally in this manner.
Hunting Knife Combined with Wheellock Pistol
- By Ambrosius Gemlich (German, Munich and Landshut, active 1520–50)
- Date: dated 1546
- Culture: German, Munich
- Medium: Steel, gold, staghorn, gilt bronze
- Dimensions: Length overall 18 1/4 in. ( 46.36 cm) Length barrel 12 3/8 in. ( 31.42 cm) Length blade 13 1/4 in. ( 33.66 cm) Caliber .28
- Classification: Combination Weapons
In the sixteenth century, wheellock pistols were often combined with swords, knives, axes, maces, spears, and even crossbows, which could be used in the event the pistol misfired.
Usually clumsy and impractical, combined weapons were nevertheless highly prized curiosities. On this example, the heavy, cleaverlike blade is etched with a calendar, the decorator’s name, and the date.
Source: Metropolitan Museum of Art
Sword of Dara Shikoh
Dara Shikoh His Highness, The Imperial Prince (Shahzada) Dara Shukoh (Persian: دارا شكوه ) (full name and royal title Padshahzada-i-Buzurg Martaba, Jalal ul-Kadir, Sultan Muhammad Dara Shukoh, Shah-i-Buland Iqbal) (March 20, 1615 – August 30, 1659) was the eldest son and the heir apparent of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan and his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
His name دارا شكوه in Persian means “Darius the Magnificent”. He was favoured as a successor by his father and his sister Princess Jahanara Begum Sahib, but was defeated by his younger brother Prince Muhiuddin (later the Emperor Aurangzeb) in a bitter struggle for the imperial throne.